Little Donkey's Easter Journey, The
TABLE OF CONTENTS & SONGLIST (accompaniment & split-track accompaniment):
- Production Suggestions (not on CD)
- The Chosen One
- Hosanna We Sing!
- Remember Me
- Crucify Him! Crucify Him!
- Were You There? (Underscore)
- Alleluia! Christ The Lord Is Risen!
- Staging and Movement Suggestions (not on CD)
- Director's Notes (not on CD)
- Bulletin Cover (not on CD)
- Poster (not on CD)
Cast: Boys or girls may portray all of the characters listed below. Consider expanding the narrator roles to many children. For smaller choirs, adults may read the narration.
- Little Donkey
- Mother Donkey
- Lamb 1, 2
- Dove 1, 2
Set: The Little Donkey's Easter Journey may be presented as elaborately or simply as your situation allows. No formal set is required. Consider any of the following suggestions:
- Place your children on different elevation levels using platforms or risers placed at various angles. These could be covered with craft paper or colored sheets.
- Add artificial or live shrubbery, trees, and flowers to enhance scenery. Palm trees would be very effective. These can be made by placing a broom pole in a pot of dirt, wrapping the pole with crinkled brown craft paper, and adding leaves made from green paper.
- Use a cutout or painted flat that displays the wooden cross.
- Another backdrop idea would be to create a silhouette of Jerusalem (gates, rooftops, temples, etc.)
- Place biblical artifacts around the stage, such as clay pots and wicker baskets.
- Donkeys: Grey sweat top and pants with added tail and ears.
- Lambs: White sweat top and pants turned inside out with added tail and ears.
- Dove: White sweat top and pants with added felt wings and hoods. Add a yellow beak.
- Angel: White robe or sheet with added wings and halo.
- Narrators and Cast: Dress as citizens of Jerusalem, i.e., bathrobes, sheets, waist sashes, turbans, head scarves, etc.